So I was just looking over my stats page and I noticed that someone visited my Works in Progress page. I shook my head and flew over there to see what lies I’ve been telling.
Turns out, I wasn’t. Those are still my WIPs and now instead of lying I’m shameful for letting them sit around for so long! Seriously, go look at the wall of shame here Ravelry: CrazyPurls’ Projects.
I have a recent FO, but its of my own wacky design. In my last post I mentioned that I lost my notes. They really aren’t important, you could make one yourself with only the pictures below.
Step 1. Get a copy of Mason Dixon Knitting and knit a ballband dishcloth as tall as the narrowest part of your mop.
Step 2. Pickup and knit in garter stitch along one the narrowest side of your cloth. This should be half the length you’re missing to make your cloth the same size as your mop. DON’T BIND OFF.
Step 3. Repeat step 2 for the other side. DON’T BIND OFF.
Step 4. Okay, you got me. I don’t have a picture of this step — here is what I did. Using a long circular needle (or two like me), transfer one set of open stitches and pickup and knit (however many your heart wishes) stitches along the cast-on/bind-off edge. Transfer more stitches and pickup approximately the same number as you did on the other side. Knit in ribbing. I did k1p1, use whatever you fancy. Bind off with a nice stretchy. I happen to love using Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Cast Off.
I was going for something different when I added the ruffle edge but I’m please with the overall look. Just a prototype. If I were to make a real mop pad I’d use a different pattern over ballband and create straps that’d allow it to fit any mop. For now it works as an extra mop when the one I bought for my mop is dirty.
FUN FACT: I used “mop” six times in this post. Four are in the final paragraph.